City Commission Regular Meeting
CITY OF BARTOW
CITY COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2019 AT 6:00 P.M. (EST) OR AS SOON THEREAFTER AS POSSIBLE
CITY HALL COMMISSION CHAMBERS, 450 NORTH WILSON AVE., BARTOW, FL 33830
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION – Rev. Becky Toalster, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
4. PROCLAMATIONS AND SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
a. Issuance of proclamation recognizing October 2019 as Residents’ Rights Month. Being accepted by Terre and Bryan Lindstamer, South Central District Ombudsman Program.
b. Issuance of proclamation recognizing October 6-12, 2019 as Public Power Week. Being accepted by Steve Macholz, Asst. Director of Utilities.
c. Issuance of proclamation recognizing October 2019 as Let’s Talk Month. Being accepted by Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program Student Representative - Kaleb Roper, Healthy Start Coalition of Highlands, Hardee & Polk County.
d. Issuance of proclamation recognizing October 6-12, 2019 as Fire Prevention Week. Being accepted by Byron Moore, Deputy Fire Chief.
5. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters not appearing on this agenda.
6. CITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
7. REPORTS OF CHARTER OFFICERS
a. City Manager Communications
b. City Attorney Communications
8. AGENDA MODIFICATION/APPROVAL
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters that appear on this agenda, not otherwise scheduled for a separate Public Hearing.
10. HEARINGS – FIRST AND SECOND READINGS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS – NONE
11. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Approval of September 23, 2019 City Commission Regular Meeting minutes.
b. Acceptance and approval of one electric utility easement with Kerry and Starla Hammock.
c. Approval of City Commissioner absence(s) for October 23, 2019 excusal(s): None
12. OTHER COMMISSION BUSINESS
a. OLD BUSINESS – NONE
b. NEW BUSINESS – NONE
a. RESOLUTION NO. 19-4031-R – A RESOLUTION SETTING THE OFFICIAL DATE AND TIME FOR HALLOWEEN TRICK-OR-TREATING TO BE THURSDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2019 FROM 6:00 P.M. TO 8:30 P.M. IN THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
14. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
a. JAMES F. CLEMENTS
b. LEO E. LONGWORTH
c. TRISH PFEIFFER
d. SCOTT SJOBLOM
e. WILLIAM “BILLY” SIMPSON
Please be advised that if you desire to appeal from any decisions made because of the above hearing or meeting, you will need a record of the proceedings and in some cases a verbatim record is required. You must make your own arrangements to produce this record. (Florida Statute 286.0105). If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 450 N. Wilson Avenue, P.O. Box 1069, Bartow, Florida 33831-1069 or phone (863) 534-0100 within 2 working days of your receipt of this meeting notification; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 1-800-955-8771. Posted at City Hall, Bartow Public Library, and the City’s website www.cityofbartow.net on October 3, 2019.