- All accessory buildings such as detached carports, garages, workshops & storage sheds require a building permit.
- Permits are also required for sheds, fences & pools.
- Homeowners are allowed to permit work being done only on homes which they reside, if not, they must hire a licensed contractor to perform the work.
- Inspections are required for all permitted work. Simply call the department to schedule inspections.
- The Building Department is also responsible for Safety Inspections.
- Residential Safety inspections are required when power has been off at a particular location for more than 90 consecutive days. There is a $25.00 inspection fee.
- Commercial Safety inspections are required for each occupancy/business change. There is a $40.00 inspection fee.
An inspection can be requested by calling 863-534-0157 or by email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
The phone number is answered in person or voice mail 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All requested for inspections must be requested the day before the inspection is desired.