HURRICANE DORIAN UPDATES
UPDATE #5 - Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019; 5:00pm
PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR GUARD ON HURRICANE DORIAN. THIS STORM IS STILL VERY DANGEROUS AND CAN STILL CHANGE DIRECTION WITH THE EVER CHANGING WEATHER CONDITIONS. ALL CLOSURES AND RESCHEDULINGS WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Normal operations will resume Wednesday, September 4th unless actual storm movement deviates from the track currently projected by the National Hurricane Center. This advisory remains subject to further modification as storm conditions continue to evolve. However, confirmation or any necessary modification(s) of the below schedule will be posted on the City website not later than 8:00 p.m. on September 3rd.
- City of Bartow Administrative Offices will be closed Monday, September 2nd and Tuesday, September 3rd.
- The City Commission Meeting for the 2020 Budget and Taxes scheduled for Wednesday, September 4th has been cancelled and rescheduled for Wednesday September 11th.
- Garbage and Trash Collection has been modified as follows:
- Monday's regular collection will be rescheduled to Wednesday, September 4th.
- Tuesday's regular collection will be scheduled to Thursday, September 5th.
- Wednesday's regular collection will be rescheduled to Friday, September 6th.
- Thursday's regular collection will be rescheduled to Saturday, September 7th.
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE GARBAGE/RECYCLING CANS OR LOOSE MATERIALS (SUCH AS TREE CUTTINGS OR OTHER DEBRIS) AT THE CURB BEFORE THE ABOVE RESCHEDULED COLLECTION DAY. UNDER STORM CONDITIONS, SUCH ITEMS ARE LIKELY TO BE BLOWN INTO STREETS, STORM DRAINS AND ADJACENT PROPERTIES AND MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO PERSONS, VEHICLES AND HOMES.
- City of Bartow Utilities Status are as follows:
- Electric: No Current Service Interruptions
- Water: No Current Service Interruptions
- Waste Water: No Current Service Interruptions
- City Streets do not have any blockage(s) or closures.
- No Flooding has been reported.
UPDATE #4 - Monday, September 2nd, 2019; 8:00pm
UPDATE #3 - Sunday, September 1st, 2019; 8:00pm
UPDATE #2 - Saturday, August 31st, 2019; 8:00pm
UPDATE #1 - Friday, August 30th, 2019; 8:00pm