Garbage means all putrescible animal or vegetable wastes resulting from the handling, preparation, cooking, and consumption of food, or otherwise.
- Place all garbage into bags;
- Place bags of garbage into your cart. All waste material placed in your cart must be bagged! Bags placed outside your container will not be collected.
- To avoid overloading your cart, only bagged garbage should be placed in your cart.
- Excess bags of garbage? Please recycle more items. Recycling greatly reduces the quantity of garbage waste.
- Small amounts: Lift the lid and place bags on top with the open. Yes, leave the lid up.
- Large amounts: Request an additional cart via email: email@example.com. A charge of $5 per cart, per month will be added to your utility account.
Your cart(s) will not be emptied if they contain these items:
- Paints, solvents, acids, gasoline, oil, hot ashes, medical wastes, sand, soil, rocks, or concrete.
- Do not place junk or yard waste in your cart.
Setting Your Roll-Out-Cart Out For Collection
Place your cart at the curb or street as shown in the picture, not on the sidewalk, before 7:00 am the morning of your scheduled collection day.
Point the ARROW marked on the lid toward the street; the serial numbers should face the street; the wheels and handle should face your home.
Obstructed Cart(s) will not be emptied! Place your carts 4 ft apart from each other and from fences, mailboxes, utility poles, fire hydrants, and parked cars.
Remove your Roll-Out-Cart after collection. The City of Bartow, Solid Waste Ordinance, requires your cart to be stored next to your home or in your garage, not at the curb. A $5 fine will be added to your utility account if your cart is not removed from the curb by the by dark on the day following collection. Do not store your cart close to a furnace, fireplace, grill, or other source of excessive heat.
Keep your Roll-Out-Cart in good working order. To clean, simply rinse your cart with water from time to time, drain, and let it dry in the sunlight with the lid open.
For cart repairs, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.