Bartow Police Department Offers a Variety of Volunteer Programs
The Bartow Police Department has implemented several volunteer programs. Some of the programs have been active for many years, such as the Explorer Post and the Police Officer Reserve Unit. Volunteers perform various duties throughout the Police Department. The greatest asset of any community is it's people.
A barometer of that value is the willingness of the people to volunteer. Bartow Police Department recognizes the importance of volunteers and the valuable contributions they can provide the department.
Our goal is to enhance the quality of life in the city of Bartow by working as a team. As a Bartow Police volunteer, you become a member of our team.
Volunteer personnel perform:
- Assistance with Crime Prevention Programs, Community Services and Records Department.
- Receptionist and Public Relations support.
- Operate a Volunteer in Patrol vehicle in safe areas providing community support.
- Reserve Officer Unit
- Explorer Post (for teens aged 14-21)
Those Interested in becoming a Police Volunteer must:
- Be at least 21 years of age (Except for Explorer Post).
- Have no felony convictions, outstanding warrants, or pending criminal cases.
- Complete a Volunteer Application and return it to the Community Services Office
- Complete a Volunteer Training Course.
Bartow Police Department launched a Volunteer Program called Citizens on Patrol (COP) in 2012. The Program’s primary purpose is to enhance the Bartow Police Department by providing high visibility patrol within the city.
The Bartow Police Department mission is to serve the City of Bartow and its residents and businesses in a professional, ethical, and cost effective manner with excellent customer service and to provide a high quality of life in our community.
For more information on the C.O.P. Program go to: C.O.P. Citizens on Patrol or call 863-534-5034 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Download an application: 2016 VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
POLICE RESERVE UNIT
The Bartow Police Department is proud to have a Reserve/Auxiliary Officer Unit. This Unit, which was established many years ago, has been a valuable source of additional sworn personnel. The Reserve Unit provides a trained, volunteer force, to augment the Department when major incidents occur or additional personnel are required for assignments. Go to Police Officer Reserve Unit for more information.
|Reserve Officer Mike Butler (above) is assisting with a Bike Rodeo
Bartow Police Department Explorer Post 631
If you are a youth between the ages of 14 and 21 and interested in law enforcement, you may be interested in the Bartow Police Explorer Program. Some activities include:
- Ride Along Program with Bartow Police Officers
- Compete in Nationwide Pistol Team Competitions and other team competitions.
- Learn Communications/9-1-1 Emergency Dispatching
- Participate with the Bartow Police Field Force Team
- Field Trips-Holiday Events
- Fund Raisers
- Basic Law Enforcement Training
- Uniforms issued
- Learn Traffic Enforcement
- Learn Local & State Laws
For more on Bartow PD Explorers, click: Bartow PD Explorers Post 631