Skip to page body Home About the City Our Government Departments & Services How Do I…

The following are required to register your license with the City of Bartow Building Department.

CERTIFIED OR REGISTERED STATE LICENSE. If state registered, you will also need a Municipal Board of Examiners card.

UPDATED CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE. Workers Compensation or exemption and General Liability Insurance.

Current Business Tax Receipt (Formerly called an Occupational License) in the proper classification from the municipality where your business is located.

The City of Bartow must be listed as the Certificate Holder:

City of Bartow

450 N Wilson Avenue

Bartow, FL  33830

The above information can be faxed to the Building Department at 863-519-8686. 



  1. Permit application is needed for all jobs.
  2. Notice of Commencement needed for all jobs over $2,500.00
  3. Signed Copy of the Contract / Work Order
Last updated: 6/10/2015 10:50:17 AM