Skip to page body Home About the City Our Government Departments & Services How Do I…

How do we keep Bartow Clean & Beautiful?

The Solid Waste Department (SWD) provides waste collection services to over 5,600 households. Your solid waste account is automatically opened when your electric or water service is activated. A solid waste collection charge of $18.75 will appear on your monthly utility bill. This collection charge is not a tax; it is a fee for waste collection services provided by the City of Bartow. SWD collects garbage, recyclables, yard waste, junk, furniture, tires, appliances, electrical items, dead domestic animals from City right-of-ways and much more. SWD provides roll-off containers for construction and demolition debris removal. For more details, please see Recycling and Roll-Off Service webpages.

The City uses automated trucks to collect all waste ONCE-PER-WEEK. Garbage, yard waste, junk, appliances, and recyclables are collected on the same day, once-per-week. Please see the Residential Refuse Collection Day Directory for your neighborhood’s collection day.


After opening your utility account, two City-provided Roll-Out-Carts are delivered to your residence; one for garbage collection and one for recycling. Each cart bears a serial number that will be assigned to your property address and shall remain at the assigned property regardless of whether you sell or move. 

  • Additional carts are available for $5 per cart, per month.
  • Customers terminating or transferring a utility account and not returning assigned cart will be charged an additional $70 on the final utility bill.
  • You must remove your cart from the curb by dark on the day following collection or be fined $5 per occurrance.

Need a roll-out-cart?

Email SWD at to request (1) cart for garbage and (1) cart for recycling.

Need your roll-out-cart repaired or replaced?

No problem! All city-provided Roll-Out-Carts are covered by SWD's lifetime maintenance and replacment program. 

  1. Email SWD at
  2. Leave your damaged cart at the curb and for no additional charge the SWD will repair or replace the city-provided Roll-Out-Cart.
  3. A police report will be required to replace a stolen or vandalized Roll-Out-Cart at no charge.
  4. A Roll-Out-Cart replaced due to customer's negligence will require a $6 per month charge for twelve months to be added to customer’s utility billing account.


Last updated: 3/27/2019 5:06:51 PM