The Solid Waste Department (SWD) provides waste collection services to over 5,600 households. Your solid waste account is automatically opened when your electric or water service is activated. A solid waste collection charge of $18.75 will appear on your monthly utility bill. This collection charge is not a tax; it is a fee for waste collection services provided by the City of Bartow. SWD collects garbage, recyclables, yard waste, junk, furniture, tires, appliances, electrical items, dead domestic animals from City right-of-ways and much more. SWD provides roll-off containers for construction and demolition debris removal. For more details, please see Recycling and Roll-Off Service webpages.
The City uses automated trucks to collect all waste ONCE-PER-WEEK. Garbage, yard waste, junk, appliances, and recyclables are collected on the same day, once-per-week. Please see the Residential Refuse Collection Day Directory for your neighborhood’s collection day.
After opening your utility account, two City-provided Roll-Out-Carts are delivered to your residence; one for garbage collection and one for recycling. Each cart bears a serial number that will be assigned to your property address and shall remain at the assigned property regardless of whether you sell or move.
- Additional carts are available for $5 per cart, per month.
- Customers terminating or transferring a utility account and not returning assigned cart will be charged an additional $70 on the final utility bill.
- You must remove your cart from the curb by dark on the day following collection or be fined $5 per occurrance.
Need a roll-out-cart?
Email SWD at firstname.lastname@example.org to request (1) cart for garbage and (1) cart for recycling.
Need your roll-out-cart repaired or replaced?
No problem! All city-provided Roll-Out-Carts are covered by SWD's lifetime maintenance and replacment program.
- Email SWD at email@example.com.
- Leave your damaged cart at the curb and for no additional charge the SWD will repair or replace the city-provided Roll-Out-Cart.
- A police report will be required to replace a stolen or vandalized Roll-Out-Cart at no charge.
- A Roll-Out-Cart replaced due to customer's negligence will require a $6 per month charge for twelve months to be added to customer’s utility billing account.