2020-10-05 agenda Regular Meeting City Commission
To view or listen to the October 5, 2020 Regular Meeting of the Bartow City Commission via WebEx click the following event link to register:
Monday, October 5, 2020 6:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Event address for attendees: WEBEX
Event number (access code): 173 555 0730
Or to listen by phone, call +1-408-418-9388 United States Toll (long distance charges may apply)
CITY OF BARTOW
CITY COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2020 AT 6:00 P.M. (EST)
OR AS SOON THEREAFTER AS POSSIBLE
CITY HALL COMMISSION CHAMBERS, 450 NORTH WILSON AVE., BARTOW, FL 33830
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION – Bishop Willie Watson, Praise Temple Deliverance Church
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
4. PROCLAMATIONS AND SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS – Refer to Consent Agenda
5. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters not appearing on this agenda.
6. CITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
7. REPORTS OF CHARTER OFFICERS
a. City Manager Communication
1. COVID-19; Community Status
2. Mineral Development, LLC Electric Rate and Infrastructure Funding
3. Schedule Dog Park Ribbon Cutting
b. City Attorney Communications
8. AGENDA MODIFICATION/APPROVAL
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters that appear on this agenda, not otherwise scheduled for a separate Public Hearing.
10. HEARINGS – FIRST AND SECOND READINGS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. RESOLUTION NO. 20-4062-R – A RESOLUTION AMENDING THE WIND MEADOWS SOUTH PLANNED DEVELOPMENT (PD) LAND USE PLAN TO: 1) MODIFY THE LOT MIX AND LOT SIZES PERMITTED IN THE PD WITHOUT CHANGING THE TOTAL NUMBER OF RESIDENTIAL UNITS ALLOWED; 2) INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF OPEN SPACE PROVIDED; AND 3) MODIFY THE CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL TO RESTATE THE EFFECTIVE PLAN DATE, AFFIRM THE SATISFACTION OF A CONDITION RELATED TO CONNECTIVITY, AND UPDATE INFORMATION RELATED TO OPEN SPACE, MINIMUM LOT SIZE AND DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS. (Public Hearing required).
11. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Approval of September 22, 2020 City Commission Regular meeting minutes.
b. Approval of July 29, 2020 CRA and City Commission Joint Strategic Planning meeting minutes.
c. Approval of September 9, 2020 City Commission Work Session minutes (fiber funding)
d. Issuance of proclamation recognizing October 4-10, 2020 as Fire Prevention Week.
e. Issuance of proclamation recognizing October 2020 as Long-Term Care Residents’ Rights Month.
f. Issuance of proclamation recognizing October 4-10, 2020 as Public Power Week.
g. Issuance of proclamation recognizing October 2020 as Let’s Talk Month.
h. Approval to reappoint Board Member Wendelyn Barnes to the Citizens’ Advisory Committee. The new term will expire September 2023.
i. Approval to appoint Ismael Munoz, Jr. to the Citizens’ Advisory Committee. The term will expire September 2023.
j. Acceptance of recommendation made by the Beautification Advisory Board regarding parking lot at the Golf Course.
k. Acceptance of recommendation made by the Beautification Advisory Board regarding traffic/speed study on Idlewood Avenue.
l. Acceptance of recommendation made by the Beautification Advisory Board regarding Ft. Blount Park.
m. Approval of City Commissioner absence(s) for September 22, 2020 excusal(s): Commissioner W.H. “Billy” Simpson.
12. OTHER COMMISSION BUSINESS
a. OLD BUSINESS – NONE
b. NEW BUSINESS
1. Determination of procedure to appoint a new member to the Community Redevelopment Agency Board due to the resignation of Board Member Brian Hinton. The unexpired term ends October 2023.
13. RESOLUTIONS – NONE
14. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
a. JAMES F. CLEMENTS
b. LEO E. LONGWORTH
c. STEVE GITHENS
d. W.H. “BILLY” SIMPSON
e. SCOTT SJOBLOM
Please be advised that if you desire to appeal from any decisions made because of the above hearing or meeting, you will need a record of the proceedings and in some cases a verbatim record is required. You must make your own arrangements to produce this record. (Florida Statute 286.0105). If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 450 N. Wilson Avenue, P.O. Box 1069, Bartow, Florida 33831-1069 or phone (863) 534-0100 within 2 working days of your receipt of this meeting notification; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 1-800-955-8771. Posted at City Hall, on the City’s website www.cityofbartow.net and Facebook page on October 1, 2020.