City Commission Regular Meeting
To view or listen to the September 22, 2020 Regular Meeting of the Bartow City Commission via WebEx click the following event link to register:
Click here for link: CLICK HERE FOR WEBEX
To listen by phone, call +1-408-418-9388 (long distance charges may apply)
Event number (access code): 173 260 2511
CITY OF BARTOW
CITY COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2020 AT 6:00 P.M. (EST)
OR AS SOON THEREAFTER AS POSSIBLE
CITY HALL COMMISSION CHAMBERS, 450 NORTH WILSON AVE., BARTOW, FL 33830
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION – Matt McCraw, First Baptist Church
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
4. PROCLAMATIONS AND SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS – Refer to Consent Agenda
5. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters not appearing on this agenda.
6. CITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
7. REPORTS OF CHARTER OFFICERS
a. City Manager Communications
b. City Attorney Communications
8. AGENDA MODIFICATION/APPROVAL
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters that appear on this agenda, not otherwise scheduled for a separate Public Hearing.
10. HEARINGS – FIRST AND SECOND READINGS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Public Hearing and Final Reading of Ordinance No. 2020-19 – AN ORDINANCE AMENDING UNIFIED LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE SECTION 3.10.04.02(A)(9) RELATED TO THE USE OF FOOD TRUCKS IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE OPERATION OF A MICROBREWERY USE; PROVIDING FOR SCRIVENER’S ERROR; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE UPON FINAL PASSAGE.
b. PUBLIC HEARING, ADOPTION OF FINAL MILLAGE RATE AND FINAL BUDGET
1. Convene Public Hearing
2. Introduction – City Manager
3. Discussion and Comment
a. Final Millage Rate
b. Final Budget
4. Amendment(s) of Final Budget (if any)
5. Re-computation of Final Millage Rate (if any)
6. Statutory Millage Disclosure (Sec. 200.065(2)(d) F.S.)
7. Adoption of Final Millage Rate - Resolution No. 20-4060-R – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA, ADOPTING A FINAL GENERAL MILLAGE RATE FOR THE 2020 TAX YEAR; DECLARING THE PERCENT BY WHICH SAID MILLAGE RATE EXCEEDS THE ROLLED-BACK RATE; CHARACTERIZING SAID PERCENT AS THE PERCENTAGE INCREASE IN PROPERTY TAXES; PROVIDING FOR DISTRIBUTION OF THE RESOLUTION TO THE PROPERTY APPRAISER, TAX COLLECTOR AND FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE; PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
8. Adoption of Final Budget – Resolution No. 20-4061-R – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA, ADOPTING A FINAL BUDGET FOR THE 2021 FISCAL YEAR; PROVIDING THAT A COPY OF SAID BUDGET SHALL BE FILED IN THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE; PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
9. Adjourn Public Hearing.
11. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Approval of September 9, 2020 City Commission Regular meeting minutes.
b. Approval of August 11, 2020 Virtual Town Hall Meeting minutes. (Justice and Equity)
c. Issuance of proclamation recognizing September 20-26, 2020 as Race Equality Week.
d. Approval to reappoint Board Member Leslie Green to the Citizens’ Advisory Committee. The new term will expire September 2023.
e. Approval of updated Letter of Engagement with Ralph DeMeo/Baker Donelson for outside legal services.
f. Approval of City Commissioner absence(s) for September 9, 2020 excusal(s): None.
12. OTHER COMMISSION BUSINESS
a. OLD BUSINESS – NONE
b. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of 2020-2021 Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Annual Budget.
13. RESOLUTIONS - NONE
14. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
a. JAMES F. CLEMENTS
b. LEO E. LONGWORTH
c. STEVE GITHENS
d. W.H. “BILLY” SIMPSON
e. SCOTT SJOBLOM
Please be advised that if you desire to appeal from any decisions made because of the above hearing or meeting, you will need a record of the proceedings and in some cases a verbatim record is required. You must make your own arrangements to produce this record. (Florida Statute 286.0105). If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 450 N. Wilson Avenue, P.O. Box 1069, Bartow, Florida 33831-1069 or phone (863) 534-0100 within 2 working days of your receipt of this meeting notification; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 1-800-955-8771. Posted at City Hall, on the City’s website www.cityofbartow.net and Facebook page on September 17, 2020.