City Commission Regular Meeting
2021-01-19 agenda Regular Meeting City Commission
CITY OF BARTOW
CITY COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING
TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2021 AT 6:00 P.M. (EST)
OR AS SOON THEREAFTER AS POSSIBLE
CITY HALL COMMISSION CHAMBERS, 450 NORTH WILSON AVE., BARTOW, FL 33830
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION – Bishop Willie Watson
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
4. PROCLAMATIONS AND SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS – refer to Consent Agenda.
5. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters not appearing on this agenda.
6. CITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
7. REPORTS OF CHARTER OFFICERS
a. City Manager Communication
b. City Attorney Communications
8. AGENDA MODIFICATION/APPROVAL
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters that appear on this agenda, not otherwise scheduled for a separate Public Hearing.
10. HEARINGS – FIRST AND SECOND READINGS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Public Hearing and final reading of Ordinance No. 2020-27 – AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE FUTURE LAND USE MAP OF THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN OF THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA; SAID AMENDMENT BEING KNOWN AS “AMENDMENT #CPA-20-06-LS”; SPECIFICALLY ASSIGNING A LOW DENSITY RESIDENTIAL LAND USE TO RECENTLY ANNEXED PARCELS OWNED BY TROY & AMY SANZ, ET. AL.; TRANSMITTING SAID AMENDMENT TO THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY (DEO) FOR A FINDING OF COMPLIANCE; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; PROVIDING FOR SCRIVENER’S ERROR; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE UPON FINAL PASSAGE.
b. Public hearing and final reading of Ordinance No. 2020-28 – AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE ZONING MAP OF THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA, REZONING APPROXIMATELY 27.1 ACRES OF LAND OWNED BY TROY & AMY SANZ, ET. AL., AND LOCATED IN SECTION 36, TOWNSHIP 29 SOUTH, RANGE 24 EAST, POLK COUNTY, FLORIDA, AS R-1-5A, “SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL”; PROVIDING FOR SCRIVENER’S ERROR; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE UPON FINAL PASSAGE.
c. Public Hearing and adoption of Resolution No. 21-4071-R - A RESOLUTION AMENDING THE CLEAR SPRINGS CORPORATE PARK PLANNED DEVELOPMENT LAND USE PLAN TO INCLUDE “ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AGRICULTURE” (“ATA”) AS A PERMITTED USE IN AREAS DESIGNATED FOR RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT LAND USE ACTIVITIES.
11. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Approval of January 4, 2021 City Commission Regular Meeting minutes.
b. Approval of request by the Florida Department of Transportation to issue proclamation and “Key to the City” to Gregory Todd Smith, author, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
c. Issuance of proclamation recognizing January 22, 2021 as Tree City USA/Arbor Day.
d. Issuance of proclamation recognizing January 24-30, 2021 as School Choice Week in Bartow.
e. Approval of City Commissioner absence(s) for January 4, 2021 excusal(s): Commissioner W.H. “Billy” Simpson.
12. OTHER COMMISSION BUSINESS
a. OLD BUSINESS – NONE
b. NEW BUSINESS
1. Consideration for approval of the Wind Meadows South Preliminary Subdivision Plat (PSP).
2. Determination of procedure to appoint a new board member to the Community Redevelopment Agency Board. The vacancy was created by the resignation of Board Member Jones-Teris. The unexpired term ends October 2023.
13. RESOLUTIONS – NONE
14. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
a. JAMES F. CLEMENTS
b. LEO E. LONGWORTH
c. STEVE GITHENS
d. W.H. “BILLY” SIMPSON
e. SCOTT SJOBLOM
Please be advised that if you desire to appeal from any decisions made because of the above hearing or meeting, you will need a record of the proceedings and in some cases a verbatim record is required. You must make your own arrangements to produce this record. (Florida Statute 286.0105). If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 450 N. Wilson Avenue, P.O. Box 1069, Bartow, Florida 33831-1069 or phone (863) 534-0100 within 2 working days of your receipt of this meeting notification; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 1-800-955-8771. Posted at City Hall, on the City’s website www.cityofbartow.net and Facebook on January 14, 2021.