City Commission Regular Meeting
CITY OF BARTOW
CITY COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 19, 2019 AT 6:00 P.M. (EST) OR AS SOON THEREAFTER AS POSSIBLE
CITY HALL COMMISSION CHAMBERS, 450 NORTH WILSON AVE., BARTOW, FL 33830
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION – Rev. Becky Toalster, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church.
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
4. PROCLAMATIONS AND SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
a. Issuance of proclamation recognizing August 26, 2019 as Bartow Lineworker Appreciation Day. Being accepted by Asst. Director of Electric Utilities Steve Macholz, Lineworker Advocate Tracy Moore and Electric Utilities staff..
5. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters not appearing on this agenda.
6. CITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
7. REPORTS OF CHARTER OFFICERS
a. City Manager Communications
b. City Attorney Communications
8. AGENDA MODIFICATION/APPROVAL
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters that appear on this agenda, not otherwise scheduled for a separate Public Hearing.
10. HEARINGS – FIRST AND SECOND READINGS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Final Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance No. 2019-10 – AN ORDINANCE DISCONTINUING, CLOSING AND VACATING A PLATTED ALLEY EXTENDING FROM LAUREL STREET TO MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. BLVD; AND LYING BETWEEN LOTS 1, 4, 6 AND 8, BLOCK 2, TIER 8 AND LOTS 2, 3, 5 AND 7, BLOCK 2, TIER 8 ALL OF WHICH IS PART OF SOUTH FLORIDA RR ADDITION, PB 1, PG 27, PUBLIC RECORDS OF POLK COUNTY, FLORIDA; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE UPON FINAL PASSAGE.
b. Final Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance No. 2019-11 – AN ORDINANCE APPROVING THE FINAL PLAT OF LAKE HANCOCK SOLAR, BEING A SUBDIVISION LYING IN A PORTION OF SECTIONS 24 & 25, TOWNSHIP 29 SOUTH, RANGE 24 EAST, CITY OF BARTOW, POLK COUNTY, FLORIDA; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE UPON FINAL PASSAGE.
11. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Approval of August 5, 2019 City Commission Regular Meeting minutes.
b. Approval of City Commissioner absence(s) for August 5, 2019 excusal(s): None
12. OTHER COMMISSION BUSINESS
a. OLD BUSINESS – NONE
b. NEW BUSINESS
1. Request for Lien Reduction/Waiver/Release - 680 S. Oak Ave. – Owner Nuview IRA, Inc. FBO Laurel Browne.
a. RESOLUTION NO. 19—4020-R – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF BARTOW; RENEWING ITS ENCOURAGEMENT TO THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME SENIORS COMMITTEE AND THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME SELECTION COMMITTEE TO SELECT KEN RILEY AS A FINALIST AND TO ENSHRINE HIM IN THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME, CLASS OF 2020; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
14. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
a. JAMES F. CLEMENTS
b. LEO E. LONGWORTH
c. TRISH PFEIFFER
d. SCOTT SJOBLOM
e. WILLIAM “BILLY” SIMPSON
Please be advised that if you desire to appeal from any decisions made because of the above hearing or meeting, you will need a record of the proceedings and in some cases a verbatim record is required. You must make your own arrangements to produce this record. (Florida Statute 286.0105). If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 450 N. Wilson Avenue, P.O. Box 1069, Bartow, Florida 33831-1069 or phone (863) 534-0100 within 2 working days of your receipt of this meeting notification; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 1-800-955-8771. Posted at City Hall, Bartow Public Library, and the City’s website www.cityofbartow.net on August 16, 2019.