City Commission Regular Meeting
CITY OF BARTOW
CITY COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING
MONDAY, MARCH 18, 2019 AT 6:00 P.M. (EST) OR AS SOON THEREAFTER AS POSSIBLE
CITY HALL COMMISSION CHAMBERS, 450 NORTH WILSON AVE., BARTOW, FL 33830
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION – Rev. Becky Toalster, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
4. PROCLAMATIONS AND SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS - NONE
5. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters not appearing on this agenda.
6. CITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
7. REPORTS OF CHARTER OFFICERS
a. City Manager Communications
b. City Attorney Communications
8. AGENDA MODIFICATION/APPROVAL
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters that appear on this agenda, not otherwise scheduled for a separate Public Hearing.
10. HEARINGS – FIRST AND SECOND READINGS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. First reading and consideration of Ordinance 2019-06 - AN ORDINANCE APPROVING THE FINAL PLAT OF HOLLAND PARK PLACE PHASE 2, BEING A SUBDIVISION LYING IN SECTION 17, TOWNSHIP 30 SOUTH, RANGE 25 EAST, CITY OF BARTOW, POLK COUNTY, FLORIDA; AGREEING TO ACCEPT FOR MAINTENANCE BY THE CITY OF BARTOW CERTAIN IMPROVEMENTS THEREIN DEDICATED TO THE PUBLIC; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE UPON FINAL PASSAGE.
11. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Approval of March 4, 2019 City Commission Regular Meeting minutes.
b. Approval of January 29, 2019 City Commission Work Session minutes. (Cigar Factory)
c. Approval of December 15, 2018 Joint Meeting minutes - Bartow Housing Authority and City Commission.
d. Approval of September 28, 2018 Joint Strategic Planning Meeting minutes - Community Redevelopment Agency and City Commission
e. Approval to appoint James E. Burt to the Board of Adjustment. The term will expire November 2020.
f. Approval of City Commissioner absence(s) for March 4, 2019 excusal(s): None
12. OTHER COMMISSION BUSINESS
a. OLD BUSINESS – NONE
b. NEW BUSINESS - NONE
13. RESOLUTIONS – NONE
14. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
a. JAMES F. CLEMENTS
b. TRISH PFEIFFER
c. SCOTT SJOBLOM
d. WILLIAM “BILLY” SIMPSON
e. LEO E. LONGWORTH
Please be advised that if you desire to appeal from any decisions made because of the above hearing or meeting, you will need a record of the proceedings and in some cases a verbatim record is required. You must make your own arrangements to produce this record. (Florida Statute 286.0105). If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 450 N. Wilson Avenue, P.O. Box 1069, Bartow, Florida 33831-1069 or phone (863) 534-0100 within 2 working days of your receipt of this meeting notification; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 1-800-955-8771. Posted at City Hall, Bartow Public Library, and the City’s website www.cityofbartow.net on March 14, 2019.