1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION – Pastor Stanley Jones, Zion Hope Baptist Church
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
4. PROCLAMATIONS AND SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
a. Issuance of proclamation recognizing January 20-26, 2019 as School Choice Week. Being accepting by Bartow High School Principal Emilean Clemons and Bartow High School International Baccalaureate Principal Dr. Brenda Hardman.
b. Issuance of proclamation recognizing January 26-February 1, 2019 as Polk County Youth Fair Week, being accepted by Paul Webb, Polk County Youth Fair President, Maddie Dvorak, Polk FFA District President and Corin Hockenberry, President of the Youth Council and Homegrown 4-H.
c. Issuance of proclamation recognizing January 26, 2019 as Tree City USA and Arbor Day. Being accepting by Parks Interim Director Joey Williams.
5. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters not appearing on this agenda.
6. CITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
7. REPORTS OF CHARTER OFFICERS
a. City Manager Communications
1. Request for approval of 2.5% COLA for all City (non-bargaining unit) personnel.
2. Request for prioritization and scheduling of work sessions relating to strategic planning objectives.
b. City Attorney Communications
8. AGENDA MODIFICATION/APPROVAL
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters that appear on this agenda, not otherwise scheduled for a separate Public Hearing.
10. HEARINGS – FIRST AND SECOND READINGS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTION 19-4008-R – a resolution amending the Fiscal Year 2018-2019 annual budget of the City of Bartow.
11. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Approval of January 7, 2019 City Commission Regular Meeting minutes.
b. Approval to reappoint Board Member Ken Riley to the Recreation Advisory Board. New term expires January 2022.
c. Acceptance of the Community Redevelopment (CRA) Quarterly Report.
d. Approval of City Commissioner absence(s) for January 7, 2019 excusal(s): None
12. OTHER COMMISSION BUSINESS
a. OLD BUSINESS – None
b. NEW BUSINESS
1. ATTORNEY - CLIENT SESSION OF THE CITY COMMISSION WILL BE HELD PURSUANT TO FLORIDA STATUTES 286.011(8). THIS IS A CLOSED SESSION.
2. Consideration of Approval of Settlement Agreement between Peace River/Manasota Regional Water Supply Authority, the Polk Regional Water Cooperative, Polk County, and the Cities of Bartow, Ft. Meade, Lakeland, Wauchula and Winter Haven.
13. RESOLUTIONS – None
14. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
a. JAMES F. CLEMENTS
b. TRISH PFEIFFER
c. SCOTT SJOBLOM
d. WILLIAM “BILLY” SIMPSON
e. LEO E. LONGWORTH
Please be advised that if you desire to appeal from any decisions made as a result of the above hearing or meeting, you will need a record of the proceedings and in some cases a verbatim record is required. You must make your own arrangements to produce this record. (Florida Statute 286.0105). If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 450 N. Wilson Avenue, P.O. Box 1069, Bartow, Florida 33831-1069 or phone (863) 534-0100 within 2 working days of your receipt of this meeting notification; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 1-800-955-8771. Posted at City Hall, Bartow Public Library, and the City’s website www.cityofbartow.net on January 18, 2019.