- Provide timely, faithfully representational and consistent reporting on the financial status of the City and economic events that affect the financial status of the City. (Timely - financials to the Commission by the second monthly Commission meeting following month end; FY close by ____; reports to State and Federal governments as required)
- File reports with State and Federal agencies timely and completely without material variances. (Timely - establish a list of reports with due dates, conform to due dates.)
Implement and modify as necessary controls over cash receipts, purchasing, payroll and accounts payable processing, and other functions as may be determined to require controls.
- Assure that funds held by the City are invested at a reasonable risk level to assure the maximum investment return.
- Assure that financing as may be required is obtained and available when required at the lowest cost possible.
Assure that cash collections are received, recorded and deposited in a timely manner, in accordance with established procedures and under appropriate controls (establish written procedures and controls).
- Assure that customers are treated with the appropriate regard that always evidences our understanding of their position as "customer".
- Establish and maintain standards of quality with regard to meter reader accuracy and timeliness, completeness and timeliness of customer responses.
- Assure that personnel information is complete and accurate.
- Assure that time reporting is complete, accurate and appropriately authorized.
- Assure that vacation, sick leave, military leave, etc accruals are accurately calculated and recorded.
- Assure that Payroll taxes, withholding, deferred compensation … are accurately calculated, recorded and remitted in a timely manner.
Assure that legitimate debts of the City are paid in a timely manner.
- Develop and document an annual budget and various budget amendments as may be necessary to facilitate the planning of municipal fiscal activities and the dissemination of the plan.
- Evaluate and report on budget compliance and adherence in a timely manner.